Ouachita Correctional Center Announces New Visitation Policy
The Ouachita Correctional Center announces a new visitation program effective January 4, 2016. A Visitation Center is now located at the entrance to OCC, near the guard house, that contains five video terminals for visiting inmates. Visitors will be required to check in at the guard house, and then proceed to the Visitation Center to register on the black registration terminal. (See visiting hours listed below.) Visitors may also register ahead of time prior to the visit by going online to WWW.OPSO.net and registering. The registration terminal will direct the visitors to one of the five terminals to use for visiting purposes. All Visits in the Video Visitation Center are Free of Charge
This new program will allow a maximum of four visits per week. Visitors will no longer have to wait extended periods of time to visit. This program will also be used for general population inmates only.
Visitors that prefer to continue to use the remote video system from their home can still do so for the same $9.00 per visit fee.
NOTE: Weekend visitation inside the OCC compound will be discontinued January 3, 2016.
Visitation Center Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday 9 am – 5 pm & 7 pm – 10 pm
Sunday 2 pm- 5 pm & 7 pm – 10 pm
Video Visitation Rules
STAFF CAN DENY, CHANGE OR CANCEL A VISIT AT ANY TIME AT THEIR DISCRETION
Scheduled visits are subject to be cancelled due to but not limited to the following jail/offender functions: Court appearance, medical appointments, administrative or disciplinary action, attorney or law enforcement visits.
- NO NUDITY, NO provocative or tight fitting clothing –offender & visitor must be covered from NECK to KNEE.
- No tank top shirts (including sleeveless shirts and blouses if a bra can be seen through the sleeve or neck opening)
- No see through attire – under garments must be worn
- No clothing or other items that display gang-related symbols, themes or colors
- Conduct that is disruptive or disrespectful in any manner will not be tolerated – no provocative or lewd behavior will be permitted
- Visitors caught abusing equipment will face criminal charges
Visitors who record visits and/ or post them on the internet will be banned from the visitor center permanently.
- MEDIA – All members of the media will be required to coordinate any interviews/visits with offenders through the Warden of the facility.
VISITATION RULES & PROCEDURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE