OPSO Youth Fishing Tournament 2021-Cancelled
Due to COVID 19 health concerns, the OPSO Youth Fishing Tournament scheduled for September 18, 2021 has been cancelled. We look forward to hosting it in 2022.
The Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office Youth Fishing Tournament will be held Saturday, September 18, 2021. Fishing will begin at 6:00 a.m. until the time of the weigh-in. Participants may fish any public or private waterway in Ouachita Parish. You do not need to report to the tournament headquarters before fishing.
Bring your biggest fish (any species) to the weigh-in.
Weigh-in starts at 11:00 a.m. at the tournament headquarters at the Ouachita Parish Public Rifle Range, 357 Sheriff Richard Fewell Road in West Monroe. The award ceremony will commence at the conclusion of the weigh-in. Awards will be given for biggest fish in each of the age categories. The tournament will not be cancelled or rescheduled due to rain.
The tournament is open to all children ages 2 to 12 years old. You do not have to catch a fish to be entered into the door prize drawing but you must check-in at the tournament headquarters when you arrive to be entered.
Fishing poles and bait, courtesy of Armstrong Cricket Farm, will be available at the tournament headquarters for anyone needing them.
- Late registration is accepted the day of the tournament but does not guarantee a t-shirt.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed during the tournament or at the weigh-in.
- All participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- All state and federal fishing and boating laws must be observed.
- Adults may cast and assist landing the fish for the participants in the 2-6 year old category.
- Bank, pier and private pond fishing is allowed.
- Fish must be caught during tournament hours.
- Only one fish allowed at weigh-in, dead or alive.
- You do not have to be present at the drawing to win door prizes.
Download the registration form by going to the link below:
Mail the completed registration form to:
Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office
400 St. John St.
Monroe, LA 71201
Attn: Youth Fishing Tournament
For questions, contact Dy. Sharon Bacle at 318-410-2415 or email Sharon.email@example.com