OPSO Announces Date for Annual DARE Youth Fishing Tournament
DARE Fishing Tournament 2019
The annual Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office D.A.R.E. Youth Fishing Tournament will be held Saturday, September 7th, 2019.
Fishing will begin at 7:00 a.m. until 11:00a.m. and participants may fish any public or private waterway within Ouachita Parish. You do not need to report to the tournament headquarters before fishing. Bring your biggest fish (any species) to the weigh in.
Weigh-ins will start at 11:00a.m. at the tournament headquarters located at the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office Rifle Range (357 Richard Fewell Road West Monroe, LA). The awards ceremony will start at 12:30p.m.
Along with weigh-ins, there will be free food, youth activities and door prizes. Awards will be given for biggest fish in each age category. The event is open to all children ages 2 to 12 years old. Participants do not have to catch a fish to be entered into door prize drawing but must check in at the tournament headquarters to be entered.
Fishing poles and bait, courtesy of Armstrong Cricket Farm will be available at the tournament headquarters for those who need supplies. Event will not be cancelled or rescheduled due to rain.
- Late registration is accepted that day but not guaranteed a t-shirt.
- No alcoholic beverages during the tournament or at the weigh-in site.
- All participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- All state and federal fishing and boating laws must be observed.
- Adults may cast and assist landing the fish for the participants in the 2-6 yr. old category.
- Bank, pier and private pond fishing are allowed.
- Fish must be caught during tournament hours.
- Only one fish allowed at weigh-in, dead or alive.
- Must be present to win door prizes.
Download the registration form by going to the link below:
Mail the completed registration form to the address below by September 1, 2019:
Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office
400 Saint John Street Monroe, LA 71201
Attn: DARE Youth Fishing Tournament
For questions, call 318-324-2550 or email Sharon.email@example.com. Registration forms may also be printed at our website, www.opso.net. Additional details are listed on the registration form.